Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship
This booklet is for people who either:
- find themselves, or a loved one, in a state of diminished mental capacity and are interested in exploring joint decision-making options; or
- have a loved one who has lost capacity and must set up Guardianship and Trusteeship for that person.
This booklet gives general information only, not legal advice. It is not a do-it-yourself guide. For that, you need a more detailed self-help publication or legal advice. See the last few pages of this booklet for information on where to get this help.
Click here to view or download and print this booklet.
For more information, see these other Canadian Legal FAQs.
- Wills and Estates in Alberta
- Adult Interdependent Relationships
- Sources of Legal Assistance in Alberta
- See the list of Additional Resources for further information on the Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship Act
This page was last updated in January 2012.