Detailed information on this complex area of law is available at Willownet: Abuse and the Law in Alberta.
If you are in immediate danger, call 911 for help.
For more information, see these other Canadian Legal FAQs.
- National Clearinghouse on Family Violence
- Willownet: Abuse and the Law in Alberta
- OakNet: Abuse of Older Adults
- LawCentral Alberta – Abuse and Violence
- Centre for Public Legal Education Alberta – Publications – Family Violence
Funding for this section was provided by the Department of Justice Canada.