Information about the Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship Act in Alberta is available in a booklet prepared by CPLEA. You can view or download and print this booklet for free.
This booklet is for people who want to learn more about decision-making options available for someone who has good mental capacity, has reduced mental capacity or who lacks mental capacity.
This booklet provides more information on:
- decision-making options for personal matters, including supported decision-making, co-decision-making, specific decision-making, temporary guardianship orders in urgent cases and guardianship orders
- decision-making options for financial matters, including temporary trusteeship orders in urgent cases and trusteeship orders
This booklet provides legal information on Alberta law only. It does not provide legal advice. If you need more detailed information, see the end of the booklet for a list of resources where you can get help.
- Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee
- Government of Alberta – Family and social supports
- Older Adult Knowledge Network
Last Reviewed: September 2019