Do you have questions about Federal or Alberta laws? We can help….
Laws made by the federal government apply across Canada, while provincial laws only apply in a particular province. Canadian Legal FAQs are organized by legal topics that apply nationally or to Alberta.
The FAQs can also be accessed by topic or through the search feature. This page links to both National and Alberta information.
Pro Bono Law Alberta, the Canadian Bar Association – Alberta Branch, Legal Aid Alberta and other community legal partners across Alberta will host a special Dial-a-Lawyer event to assist those affected by the Fort McMurray wildfires.
The wildfires in Fort McMurray have displaced an entire community, giving rise to many legal questions and issues. Visit www.pbla.ca/gethelp/fortmcmurrayfire for legal fact sheets and other information.
Check out the latest additions to Canadian Legal FAQs:
- Children & Divorce (August 2015)
- Grounds for Divorce (August 2015)
- Commissioners for Oaths & Notaries Public (Alberta) (August 2015)
- Land Titles (October 2015)
- Real Estate – General Information (October 2015)
- Retainers (February 2016)
- History and Development of Unions in Canada (March 2016)
CPLEA thanks Pro Bono Students Canada students Paul Maas and Owen LeBlanc for their assistance in preparing these FAQs.